WHO' s advises the public on how to protect against coronavirus (covid-19): when and how to use masks correctly.
When to use a mask
1.If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.
2.Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
3.Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
4.If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
How to put on, use, take off and dispose of a mask
1. Please wash your hands with alcohol or soap before wearing the mask.
2. The mask should cover the nose and mouth to reduce the gap between the face and the edge of the mask as much as possible.
3. Avoid touching the face of the mask with your hands. If you have to, wash your hands with alcohol or soap in advance.
4. Replace the mask as soon as it is wet.
5. Do not reuse disposable masks.
6. Remove the mask through the wire ropes at both ends to avoid touching the front of the mask face by hand.
7. Immediately discard the mask in a closed dustbin and wash hands with alcohol based hand sanitizer or soap.
8. It is not necessary to wear multiple masks for maximum protection.
9. Under no circumstances is it recommended to wear cloth masks (such as cotton or gauze masks).